Manufacturing Engineer Fabrications DFM
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer – Fabrications DFM (Design for manufacture), you will be responsible for ensuring that the original design intent can be achieved within the finished product. Engineers will support the design team and advise of any manufacturing issues prior to design release. You will then use the information in the form of CAD models, drawings and process specifications to ensure we have a design that can be turned into an aircraft component and sign this off on behalf of Manufacturing Engineering. This role is specific to the DFM for fabrications (including pipes) and will also then include some supplier engagement as part of a broader ME team
- Liaison with the design organisation to provide design for manufacture (DFM) input for fabrications
- Workflow sign off with PLM
- Maintaining design and engineering configuration control
- Provision of support to the chosen manufacturing company
- Capturing and embodying identified engineering and design change.
- Compliance with H&SE requirements and regulations
- Compliance with internal process and procedure
- Supporting component condition of supply requirements
- Liaison with other manufacturing areas and engineering teams
Key skills & qualifications
- Engineering Degree or HNC/HND or recognised apprenticeship and significant experience in the aerospace (or equivalent standard) industry
- Assembly engineering and manufacturing experience in the aerospace (or equivalent standard) industry with good working knowledge of SAP toolset.
- Knowledge and experience of Assembly Manufacturing processes including Design for Manufacture / Design for Assembly type activities.
A working knowledge of GD&T type activities including:
- Defining product Key Characteristics by interpreting the top level product requirements and influencing the design.
- Application of tolerance analysis.
- Ability to interpret / define GD&T requirements (ISO)
- Computer literate with good knowledge of standard office IT packages
- Engineering Toolset knowledge, CATIA V5 (R28 preferred), PLM (or equivalent Product Data Manager), SAP CAM (computer Aided Manufacture) or SFM (Shop Floor Manager), CDP and VAS
- Proven history of managing development and implementation activities
- Ability to manage unplanned events and work to tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at multiple organisational levels.
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Location: Samlesbury, Preston
Rate: £33.14 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.