We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Tyne & Wear as a Maintenance Manager.
The role will be an initial 6-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to lead and manage the Operations Maintenance & FM teams across our clients’ site.
- Leads the site teams to ensure the day-to-day activities, including conflicts or differences are managed coordinated and prioritized accordingly
- Leading the teams to ensure time for Safety and Safe approach is first and foremost in all the activities undertaken.
- Act as a Role Model for Safety within the department and liaise with the Site Safety coordinators on all matters and issues.
- Responsible for all aspects of facilities management (mechanical & electrical) as well as the effective management of the maintenance strategy
- Responsible for key 3rd party supplier contracts for Facilities Management, Tooling and Waste Management.
- Leads the planning and coordination of the training and competency for the site teams, including statutory, role and personal development for the workforce.
- Manage and control maintenance engineering resources available (personnel and financial) effectively in order to achieve required OEE levels and regulatory plant & equipment safety standards
- Manage and control energy, waste and facilities utilisation across the site together with the maintenance budget.
- The role also requires the individual to develop suitable spares stocking policies which deliver value at the lowest costs
- Management of resources across the site and team to maximize labour efficiencies against workload and skills of workforce.
- Management of the labour and non-labour IBP planning for the maintenance organization to provide cost effective services.
- Manage assigned departmental budgets, including; Minor and Major Revenue, Direct to Contract and overtime/attendance and report performance on monthly basis through local business review.
- Lead customer interfaces on monthly basis (CSR) for all areas to ensure appropriate cover and service support is achieved
- Report on the performance of the business area, identifying trends, potential problems and opportunities and proposes and implements ways in which performance can be improved
- Lead Strategic supplier relationships to ensure maximum affordable support and performance is continually achieved in line with business and customer requirements.
- Lead the coordination of the refurbishment and replacement planning for the site Production Equipment Sustaining to ensure the minimum levels of manufacturing asset availability is achieved in support of production demands
- Consider complex management and engineering challenges and present proposed resolutions through effective collective solutions that involve cross discipline peer group.
- Ensures the adoption of best practice tools and techniques to ensure problems are resolved at root cause and systemic issues are prevented from reoccurring through clearly defined and communicated process change.
Key skills & qualifications
- Substantial understanding of operational health and safety legislation.
- Proven track record of business operations, particularly in specialist areas of manufacturing and service support.
- Proven track record of managing teams and individuals to achieve maximum performances
- Has the ability to gain a good understanding of Company policies and standards
- Good understanding of customer requirements plus an awareness of industry approaches and standards.
- Working experience of high end Manufacturing or similar environment, to influence objective outcomes around Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People
- General maintenance, manufacturing or engineering background
- Ability to work in a fast moving environment, managing simultaneous multi-customer priorities and milestones
- Management of contract resources
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Location: Tyne & Wear
Rate: £39.43 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.