Lead Project Professional – Integrated Combat Systems
LEAD PROJECT PROFESSIONAL – INTEGRATED COMBAT SYSTEMS
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Frimley as a Lead Project Professional.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work on projects for integrated combat solutions on cutting edge submarine programmes.
- Able to perform advanced project reporting & scheduling.
- Able to undertake advanced problem solving typically based on previous experience.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of Business process and procedures.
- Administration and general office skills including spreadsheets/ Microsoft packages.
- Attend on the job training as appropriate.
- Able to lead a small project or a work package of a larger project.
- Able to manage the full project lifecycle to ensure that, over time, the needs of customers/users continue to be met and that financial and other benefits are achieved.
- Identify, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project. Applies appropriate PM methods and tools whether predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Agrees project approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracks activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
- Consolidate expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organisational objectives. Supports and promotes the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organisation.
- This is a role for an experienced project professional with a small team and the ability to deliver with limited guidance from the Line Manager.
- Deputises for the Project Manager as appropriate.
Key skills & qualifications
- Problem solving most likely to apply in an existing Business environment and also in a new Business environment.
- Good understanding of the structure, organisation, processes and culture of Line of Business, so as to be able to support implementation of appropriate PM approaches.
- Applies problem solving techniques to situations of moderate complexity in the field of PM, taking requirements and data from internal (project) sources and external (customer, competitor and academic) areas.
- An ability to gather information. Supports development of solutions and of implementation approaches.
- Ability to capture, adopt and share good practice.
- A comprehensive understanding of how team integrates with others teams & projects in order to achieve objectives.
- Work is typically within standardised processes and practices, accuracy of tasks is impactful.
- Direct impact on the performance of the team.
- Responsible for training members of the team, monitoring their quality of work and contributing to pay decisions
- Quality and timeliness of work reflects on the effectiveness of the immediate team. Business acumen that goes beyond immediate team.
- Make judgments, recommendations and advises on analysis of factual information.
- Impact in terms of providing services/information on matters that assist others in controlling or making decisions.
- Job involves regular exchange of information and handling of difficult conversations.
- Communication exchange can be complex and could involve sensitive information.
- Diplomacy skills required in order to work across business boundaries to achieve optimum solutions.
- Will need to participate in negotiations and influence operational managers primarily internally at all levels
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £51.89 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.