Lead Project Professional – DAP
Lead Project Professional – DAP
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Cumbria as a Lead Project Professional – DAP.
The role will be an initial 18-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to lead a small team of professional staff (typically up to 5), being responsible for managing their delivery and performance and providing appraisal and support to their development.
- Able to perform advanced project reporting & scheduling.
- Able to undertake advanced problem solving typically based on previous experience.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of Business process and procedures.
- Administration and general office skills including spreadsheets/ Microsoft packages.
- Attend on the job training as appropriate.
- Able to lead a small project or a work package of a larger project.
- Able to manage the full project lifecycle to ensure that, over time, the needs of customers/users continue to be met and that financial and other benefits are achieved.
- Identify, assesses, and manages risks to the success of the project. Applies appropriate PM methods and tools whether predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Agrees project approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk, and communications plans) and tracks activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
- Consolidate expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organisational objectives. Supports and promotes the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organisation.
- This is a role for an experienced project professional with a small team and the ability to deliver with limited guidance from the Line Manager.
- Deputises for the Project Manager as appropriate.
Key skills & qualifications
- Problem solving most likely to apply in an existing Business environment and in a new Business environment.
- Good understanding of the structure, organisation, processes, and culture of Line of Business, to be able to support implementation of appropriate PM approaches.
- Applies problem solving techniques to situations of moderate complexity in the field of PM, taking requirements and data from internal (project) sources and external (customer, competitor and academic) areas.
- An ability to gather information. Supports development of solutions and of implementation approaches.
- Ability to capture, adopt and share good practice.
- A comprehensive understanding of how team integrates with other teams & projects to achieve objectives.
- Work is typically within standardised processes and practices; accuracy of tasks is impactful.
- Direct impact on the performance of the team.
- Responsible for training members of the team, monitoring their quality of work and contributing to pay decisions
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £50.59 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.