Lead PM&C Professional (controls)
Lead PM&C Professional
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Barrow as a Lead PM&C Professional.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to be able to adapt and apply these practices in different circumstances, to develop these practices and to guide and instruct others in their application.
Able to perform advanced project reporting & scheduling.
Able to undertake advanced problem solving typically based on previous experience.
Have a comprehensive knowledge of Business process and procedures.
Administration and general office skills including spreadsheets/ Microsoft packages.
Attend on the job training as appropriate.
Able to lead the PM&C processes on a small project or a work package of a larger project.
Able to manage the PM&C processes on a full project lifecycle to ensure that, over time, the needs of customers/users continue to be met and that financial and other benefits are achieved.
Identify, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project. Applies appropriate PM&C methods and tools whether predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Agrees PM&C approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracks activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
Consolidate expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organisational objectives. Supports and promotes the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organisation.
This is a role for an experienced project professional with a small team and the ability to deliver with limited guidance from the Line Manager.
Key skills & qualifications
Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of PM&C policies, processes, procedures and systems.
Comprehensive PM&C experience demonstrated in a professional capacity and the specialist skills to ensure procedures are followed with the ability to define the standards which the others will operate. Guides others in application of PM&C processes.
Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of their project.
Comprehensive understanding of one or more PM&C tools techniques and practices.
Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Business environment for their project.
Good knowledge and experience of PM governance and assurance processes such as Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs). Typically an Assessor for LCM Reviews.
Experience of influencing stakeholders both inside and outside the company.
- Comprehensive understanding of the wider PM&C environment, and of developments and practices in the field.
- Comprehensive understanding of own project/s, its markets, customers, strategic priorities and culture.
- Knowledge acquired through job related training and on the job experience with theoretical and practical skills
- Experience of building relationships and negotiating outcomes with internal stakeholders.
- Gathers and analyses information. Supports development of solutions and of implementation approaches.
- Problem solving most likely to apply in an existing Business environment and also in a new Business environment.
- Good understanding of the structure, organisation, processes and culture of Line of Business, so as to be able to support implementation of appropriate PM&C approaches.
- Applies problem solving techniques to situations of moderate complexity in the field of PM&C, taking requirements and data from internal (project) sources and external (customer, competitor and academic) areas.
- An ability to gather information. Supports development of solutions and of implementation approaches.
- Ability to capture, adopt and share good practice.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £50.00 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.