Lead Maritime System Engineer
Duties will include:
- Generation of common, tailored technical solutions for all programmes within the franchise, and alignment with business and commercial elements of solutions.
- Leadership of all multi-disciplined technical staff assigned across the franchise, including permanently-assigned staff and staff shared with other programmes.
- Generation of White Papers, Requests for Information/Proposal responses, and delivery of appropriate external events such as demonstrations, conference exhibitions and presentations
- Generation of Should-Costs, estimates, resource and staffing requirements, nominal schedules, opportunity qualification activities, competitive analysis.
- Creating alignment between opportunities and existing and planned products, including reach-back to US and international business units for product identification and influencing.
- Providing support to capture events including strategy development, competitive analysis and internal/independent reviews.
- Analyse business & market strategies and developing product/technology roadmap(s) for assigned area of responsibility
- Plan and delivery IRAD and Capital projects to align with business goals.
- Providing visibility of activities to stakeholders.
- Development of external relationships including across Lockheed Martin, customers, user, other businesses, universities and lab engagements, including securing third party investments.
Required skills and experience
- Proven experience with and leadership of successful design, implementation, integration, test, installation and acceptance of Maritime systems
- Customer focussed attitude and ability to synthesise contractual needs and requirements into effective system solution architectures within agreed technical, schedule and cost constraints
- Experience of supporting Business Development and Capture Teams in pursuit of new opportunities including operational analysis, preliminary solution definition, solution design and preparation and delivery of proposal material including schedule and cost estimates
- Able to develop Technology Roadmaps and conduct assessment of existing Systems, modified or new Systems, and embodiment of COTS/MOTS Systems
- Able to conduct internal and customer-funded Research and Development studies
- Able to support Systems Engineering tasking – requirements analysis, decomposition, allocation, systems integration and testing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to convey complex data in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience of Model Based Engineering and Digital Development Environments
- Working knowledge of current Defence Standards
Due to the requirements of the role and the client, you must be able to acheive full UK Security Clearance to be elidgable for this position.
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand new website, follow our aap3 Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment