Lead Data Governance Analyst
Lead Data Governance Analyst
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Preston as a Lead Data Governance Analyst .
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for leading the delivery of a large, or a group of smaller packages of work aiming to define data standards, conceptual data models/information models, data cataloguing, data quality requirements and data management plans for business.
- Will be responsible for leading the delivery of a large, or a range of smaller packages of work containing a range activities such as definiens data standards, conceptual data models/information models, data cataloguing, data quality requirements and data management plans to time, quality and budget.
- They will lead the scoping, requirement capture and design of the application of data management approaches to address business questions or needs. They will effectively interpret and apply guidance from more senior team members in order to address novel business questions and needs.
- They will use SS D&A project and technical processes in defining delivery plans, and ensure the work is conducted in line with these.
- Manage and direct the activities of other Analysts and cross-discipline and functional contributors as part of a project team, and may also have line management responsibility for these analysts.
- Builds relationships with customers and leverages these to support successful delivery and achieve endorsement of outputs.
- Takes a lead role in developing junior team members to develop their subject knowledge, and technical and other skills.
- Contributes to the improvement of the SS D&A project and technical processes, by sharing their experiences and learning.
- Have a good knowledge of the relevant data modelling data governance subject areas, policies, and approaches, and be able to design solutions using these techniques to answer business questions and structure programmes of work to deliver them.
- In-depth understanding of the SS D&A technical and project processes, sufficient to plan the delivery of work packages in accordance with these processes. Also to ensure the work of the team is conducted, and outputs are delivered in line with these processes.
- Will contribute to the development of SS D&A technical and project processes to drive improvement.
- Basic Project Management knowledge sufficient to apply this in their work, with commitment to develop this further.
- Be committed to developing a good understanding of business and functional processes, to support effective application of data governance approaches and identification of opportunities.
Key skills & qualifications
- Have good understanding of the Data Management Association (DAMA) approach to data governance and strive to develop advanced understanding. Maintain awareness of industry best practice, and leverage this to improve our capability though training and application of their learning.
- Builds relationships with customers (peer and above) and leverages these relationships to support successful delivery. Uses influencing skills to maximise the business impact of the team’s work.
- They will demonstrate consultative skills to effectively identify and capture the requirement for business questions which data & analytics could support.
- Organisational and leadership skills to manage delivery from a team of cross-disciplinary contributors on the work packages for which they are responsible.
- Have a proactive approach to solving problems.
- Ability to interpret subject knowledge, policies and approaches to non-specialists, leading customer engagements on the necessity for better data governance/data management and the desired outputs. Will identify and discuss possible follow-on value-add data governance or data & analytics activities.
- Develops junior staff through a line management role, or coaching/mentoring.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £20.49 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.