Lead Data Analyst
Lead Data Analyst
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Preston as a Lead Data Analyst.
The role will be an initial 4 month contract and will provide you with responsibility for leading the delivery of a large, or a group of smaller packages of work containing a range of analysis, reporting and/or visualisation activities, managing the work of other Data Analysts as part of a project team.
- Will be responsible for leading the delivery of a large, or a range of smaller packages of work containing a range of analysis, reporting and/or visualisation activities to time, quality and budget.
- They will lead the scoping, requirement capture and design of data analytics, reporting and visualisation solutions to address routine customer business questions or needs. They will effectively interpret and apply guidance from more senior team members in order to address novel business questions and needs.
- They will use SSDA project and technical processes in defining delivery plans, and ensure the work is conducted in line with these.
- Manage and direct the activities of other Analysts as part of a project team, and may also have line management responsibility for these analysts.
- Builds relationships with customers and leverages these to support successful delivery.
- Takes a lead role in developing junior team members to develop their technical and other skills.
- Contributes to the improvement of the SSDA project and technical processes, by sharing their experiences and learning.
- Have a good knowledge of the relevant data analytics, reporting and visualisation techniques and be able to design solutions using these techniques to answer business questions and structure programmes of work to deliver them.
- In-depth understanding of the SSDA technical and project processes, sufficient to plan the delivery of work packages in accordance with these processes. Also to ensure the work of the team is conducted, and outputs are delivered in line with these processes.
- Will contribute to the development of SSDA technical and project processes to drive improvement.
- Basic Project Management knowledge sufficient to apply this in their work, with commitment to develop this further.
- Good understanding of shared Services or other customers processes, to support effective identification of opportunities for data & analytics and successful delivery and exploitation.
Key skills & qualifications
- Have advanced skill level within our key toolsets as relevant to the position, and strive to develop advanced skills though training and application of their learning e.g. Tableau, Alteryx, SSIS, SSRS, Sql, Success Factors reporting.
- Builds relationships with customers (peer and above) and leverages these relationships to support successful delivery. Uses influencing skills to maximise the business impact of the team’s work.
- They will demonstrate consultative skills to effectively identify and capture the requirement for business questions which data & analytics could support.
- Organisational and leadership skills to manage delivery from a team of analysts across the work packages for which they are responsible.
- Have a proactive approach to solving problems.
- Ability to structure data insights to present key findings to non-specialists, leading customer conversations on outputs with an emphasis on exploitation opportunities. Will identify and discuss possible follow-on value add data & analytics activities.
- Develops junior staff through a line management role, or coaching/mentoring.
What we’re looking for in you
Written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Could also be based from Farnborough or Glascoed.
Rate: £23.02 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.