We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Barrow as a L&D Advisor.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with are implemented in line with the L&D Strategy, to enhance individual and business performance.
- Be actively involved in and support the delivery of the Submarines People Strategy (of which the L&D Strategy is a part)
- Work collaboratively and integrally with XHRS to ensure timely, accurate, cost effective and efficient delivery of HR services
- Provide L&D advice and guidance to determine customer requirements and to source & deliver appropriate development interventions
- Ensure Learning and Development processes, policies and procedures are fit for purpose and work to continually improve them in line with business requirements
- Project manage, co-ordinate & deliver development design, pilot, implementation & evaluation activity for development projects (e.g. bespoke solutions for high volume personnel)
- Manage functional training plans, ensuring compilation of both ‘bottom up’ and ‘top down’ training needs, prioritising needs against budget, under the supervision of the Head of Organisation and Capability Development
- Support and coach Line Management in Development Planning activity, identifying suitable development solutions and working with individuals to ensure that Development Plans are enacted and development undertaken is evaluated to assess impact on individual performance
- Actively contribute and where appropriate lead ad hoc L&D or OD projects in support of the business objectives
- Continually seek opportunities for productivity improvement, cost reduction, quality enhancement and waste elimination to facilitate a good practice approach in all aspects of HR Service Delivery
- Promote the Behaviours to Succeed Competency Framework and ensure those behaviours outlined are the behaviours used in any development activity
- Support and where appropriate facilitate/deliver other Organisational Development activities to maximise business performance
- To manage the XHRS interface to ensure roles and responsibilities are understood and that HR, line management and XHRS work effectively across business boundaries
- Is trusted by people managers and employees to deliver a quality service and is therefore actively sought out for advice
Take responsibility for own continued professional development
- Ensure HR Strategies support the delivery of business goals and vision
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the business strategy encompassing IBP, Functional & Common Objectives and how the People Strategy delivers against the Business Strategy
Key skills & qualifications
- 2-3 years experience in Learning and Development
- Awareness of cost & commercial aspects of the business
- Be able to demonstrate basic project management processes and application
- Demonstrable track record in delivery of a high quality HR service
- Graduate CIPD Qualified/ Degree Qualified or equivalent
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Packages
- Take responsibility for own continued professional development
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £45.00 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.