IT Service Continuity Manager
IT Service Continuity Manager
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Preston as a IT Service Continuity Manager.
The role will be an initial 7 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to use formal risk assessment and management processes to reduce risks for IT services. To agree minimum acceptable levels and to plan and prepare for the recovery of IT services.
- Ensure the Service Continuity and Risk documentation is regularly reviewed and maintained
- Liaise with Technical Architects and Service Delivery Managers, for the review of documentation
- Develop and deliver a Service Continuity annual exercise schedule
- Obtain service recovery assurance from third party Service Providers
- Identify and govern ITSC related risks, as well as maintaining visibility and awareness of related Risks, Issues, and Improvements
- Provide support for the Major Incident process
- Work closely with Problem Management
- Engage and work with Projects, delivering the Service Continuity products to support the service in production
- Produce periodic reports upon request, monitoring the health of the IT Disaster Recovery / failover services, identifying issues and remediation activities
- Supplier governance
- Work closely with the Risk Manager, in the overall management of IT and business risks.
- Own and maintain the IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM) Process and Plan
- Identify opportunities for the improvement, efficiency and effectiveness of the service
- Execute recovery exercises, in accord with your published annual exercise schedule
- Ensure the Service Provider delivers to the annual exercise schedule
- Produce regular reports, and chair relevant meetings with suppliers and stakeholders
- Ensuring the IT resilience capability of the organisation, aligns to Business Resilience requirements
- Assure and where appropriate, participate in end-to-end testing for Service Continuity exercises
- Governance of Service Providers, assuring compliance in alignment with contracted obligations
- Schedule risk reviews, obtaining current risk status and mitigation tasks with Risk Owners
- Manage and raise risks, where a risk to service has been identified
Key skills & qualifications
- You will have ITIL certification
- Ability to assimilate information quickly, clearly identifying key risks and gaps, issues, and present information concisely
- Have a proven track record in IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM) and can demonstrate that you have worked in an ITSCM function, where you have operated an assurance / risk based managed ITSCM process and exercises
- Good understanding of Risk Management concepts and working practices
- Demonstrate, that you have experience in implementing, applying, and governing IT Service Continuity Management standards and procedures
- Management Framework experience in the Service Operations function (Event, Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Capacity, ITSCM and CSI)
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively across all operational levels of the organisation as well as with suppliers
- Familiar with or accredited to ISO22301, ISO27001, ISO31000
- Affiliated to BCI level AMBCI at a minimum, or equivalent
- Knowledge of ServiceNow
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £489.31 per day (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.