We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Broad Oak as a Instructional Designer.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with undertake Instructional Design during development and support phases of the training lifecycle within agreed timescales and budget, to an acknowledged Systems Approach to Training.
- Conduct Instructional Design in accordance with the UK MoD’s Defence Systems Approach to Training and the associated Quality Management Standard (QMS)
- Support training solution integration & acceptance activities.
- Adhere to BAE Systems Governance, Configuration and Change Control processes.
- Provide Training related advice on Instructional Design to Technical and Engineering authorities.
- Provide advice and guidance to support the procurement of training media.
- Ability to use judgment based on the analysis of factual information provided by the team and other stakeholders to derive solutions to problems.
- Ability to prioritise multiple issues.
Key skills & qualifications
- Have successfully completed a Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) Instructional Design course (preferably Defence Academy Course No. 98 – DSAT Detailed Design and Development) or a similar training framework course.
- Have knowledge and at least 12 months experience of the successful application of the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT), including the DSAT QMS and DSAT guidance documentation.
- Have knowledge of current learning and development methodologies and training methods and media (including Computer Based Training (CBT), multimedia, simulation and Virtual Reality (VR)).
- Have a working knowledge of Training Lifecycle Management.
- Knowledge of Royal Navy branch structures (Surface, Sub-Surface, Fleet Air Arm and Royal Marines) and their associated training pipelines would be advantageous.
- Experience of Instructional Design within the Royal Navy Training System would be advantageous.
- The Instructional Designer will have a direct impact upon the ability of TSG to meet contractual obligations, the quality of Training related products generated and the successful award of return business.
- The Instructional Designer will have high quality standards with focus on service delivery
- The Instructional Designer will be required to produce accurate and timely work.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Location: Broad Oak
Rate: £39.60 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.