Instructional Designer (DSAT)
- As an individual or as part of a team undertake Instructional Design during development and support phases of the training lifecycle within agreed timescales and budget, to an acknowledged Systems Approach to Training.
- Training design activities involve taking the Training Analysis output and designing instructional course material for various equipments using a variety of training media (PowerPoint, Adobe Storyline 360 etc.)
- Attend meetings/workshops with industry, Customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to capture data efficiently and accurately.
- Conduct Instructional Design in accordance with the UK MoD’s Defence Systems Approach to Training and the associated Quality Management Standard (QMS).
- Support training solution integration & acceptance activities.
- Adhere to BAE Systems Governance, Configuration and Change Control processes.
- Provide Training related advice on Instructional Design to Technical and Engineering authorities.
- Provide advice and guidance to support the procurement of training media.
- Have successfully completed a Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) Instructional Design course (preferably Defence Academy Course No. 98 – DSAT Detailed Design and Development) or a similar training framework course.
- Have knowledge and at least 12 months experience of the successful application of the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT), including the DSAT QMS and DSAT guidance documentation.
- Have knowledge of current learning and development methodologies and training methods and media (including Computer Based Training (CBT), multimedia, simulation and Virtual Reality (VR)).
- Have a working knowledge of Training Lifecycle Management.
- Knowledge of Royal Navy branch structures (Surface, Sub-Surface, Fleet Air Arm and Royal Marines) and their associated training pipelines would be advantageous.
- Experience of Instructional Design within the Royal Navy Training System would be advantageous.
PLEASE NOTE: This position has been assessed as INSIDE IR35
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.