We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Christchurch as a Installation Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to cover many disciplines including installation, implementation, integration, acceptance, training and logistics support.
Key skills & qualifications
- Military communications systems including an understanding of radio and cryptographic equipment
- Systems design and systems interfacing
- Serial communications including communication standards, serial and bespoke cabling techniques
- Network communications including networking equipment, WAN techniques, Ethernet categories and associated techniques
- System installation and techniques to either undertake or manage a communications systems installation
- A knowledge of electrical safety regulations and standards and their application to testing installations and equipment.
- An understanding of JSP604 (leaflet 4800) and the associated installation requirements
- Technical and physical impact of implementing a new system with an existing system
- Estimation and the associated activities for systems and installation proposals
- System setting to work and system transition
- Report writing to provide input for proposals, site surveying and setting to work
- Interfacing with sub-contractors
- Able to work alongside peer installation and systems engineers and to liaise across all project domains
- Confident to liaise with customer and user representatives to discuss systems technical issues at both a low level (i.e. system interfacing) and at a higher level (i.e. System operation)
- Prepared to be processed for DV clearance however must have full SC clearance in place
- To fulfil this practical and ‘hands on’ role, the candidate should be qualified to diploma or degree level in electrical or electronic engineering.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £44.50 per hour
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.