Infrastructure Engineer – Citrix Platform
INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER – CITRIX PLATFORM
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Farnborough as a Citrix Platform Infrastructure Engineer.
The role will be an initial 3 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to join a mature and highly capable team who are responsible for managing corporate infrastructure.
Hybrid Working available – 3 days on site and 2 days from home.
- Leads on complex incident and problem solving across multiple technology platforms.
- Ensures configuration control and documentation.
- Completes routine maintenance and operation schedules for servers, patching, middleware and systems.
- Actively maintains recognised knowledge in one or more identifiable services.
- Manages methods, tools, techniques; selecting appropriately from plan-driven/predictive approaches or more adaptive (iterative and agile) approaches.
- Ensures that all requests for support are dealt with according to set standards and procedures
- You will play a key role as part of a wider international team (UK and APAC time zones) to resolve complex incidents and problems.
- Experience of managing complex hosting and infrastructure services and systems.
- Understanding and working knowledge of Health and Safety processes and procedures of working with server racks and communications cabinets.
- Knowledge of hosting and server software and security components.
- Citrix platforms, Citrix ADC HA pairs, VMware, Storage, Active Directory, Anti-virus and patching processes.
- Experience working in a technical support or similar environment (Level 3 support).
Key skills & qualifications
- Citrix XenApp & Xen Desktop
- NetScaler/Citrix ADC HA pairs
- Scripting Skills (e.g. PowerShell).
- Microsoft SQL Administration.
- Active Directory.
- Windows Server 2012 onwards.
- VMWare Hypervisor.
- Server Racking.
- Storage – HP MSA technology and Fabric Switches (desirable)
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £499.80 per day (Inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.