We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Corsham as a Infrastructure Architect.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to review the existing services and infrastructure of the NSoIT(D) development systems in order to ensure the platform can meets the demands of the NSoIT(D) engineering organisation.
- Being accountable for all aspects of the NSoIT(D) Development system infrastructure;
- Identifying NSoIT(D) development business requirements that will require new or modified system services within NSoIT(D) Development system;
- Develop solution designs that balance business requirements with security requirements and budgetary controls;
- Production of quality documentation to support the proposed designs;
- Providing subject matter expertise, advice, and guidance to the System Administration team and assisting with installations when required;
- Conduct periodic obsolesce reviews of hardware and co-originate schedule with the System Manager;
- Producing and delivering design briefings to the NSoIT(D) Development system team and the NSoIT(D) teams to demonstrate proposed new services, including proof of concept platforms and de-risk installations for testing;
- Providing sound strategic advice, input, support, challenge and knowledge transfer as required across the NSoIT(D) programme team, particularly in the areas of Infrastructure;
- Managing relationships with key stakeholder groups including the Product Management Team within NSOIT(D)
Key skills & qualifications
- At least 5 years demonstrable experience operating in a System Design type role on for system/network architectures in a secure client environment;
- Knowledge and understanding of defence policy and standards, particularly JSP 440, 604 and over-arching HMG policy and their influence on systems design;
- Experience of producing System Design documentation to a high standard and able to provide constructive feedback on other team members design work as part of the review process;
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows 10 Desktop operating system;
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows Server operating systems;
- Experience with Microsoft Server Applications (MSSQL, Exchange, Skype For Business, SharePoint);
- Extensive experience with Linux Server operating systems, specifically Ubuntu and CentOS/ RedHat;
- Detailed, experience and understanding of the VMware Software Defined Data Centre (SDDC) model including large scale virtualisation of servers, desktops, infrastructure and storage technologies;
- Detailed understanding of layer 2 and layer 3 networking principles;
- Experience with Cisco networking appliances and use of the IOS operating system;
- Experience with Palo Alto and Cisco Firewall appliances;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a proven ability to explain technical issues to a nontechnical audience;
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to solve problems and propose new ideas;
- Competency in MS Office Suite and Visio;
- DV level Clearance to allow Administrative access.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £69.00 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.