- Conducts analysis on internal IT infrastructure and works with Enterprise Architecture function to make recommendations on required improvements
- Develops and maintains infrastructure and application models to document current and target architecture states
- Owns population of Enterprise Architecture repository for required artefacts impacted by the project
- Conducts analysis of internal IT infrastructure against required contractual commitments
- Develops a familiarisation of MoD security standards (DEFSTAN etc…) and uses knowledge to help identify areas of non-compliance
- Works with Enterprise Architecture function to assure internal processes and governance against BAE IM&T Policy
- Creates and matures current operational documentation and configuration control
- Provides general delivery support to both Project Management and Architect functions in delivery of project.
The successfull person will be:
- Is generally working to SFIA level 4.
- Takes on a lead roll, provide consultancy advice and guidance and manage through to completion any functional projects and activities
- Demonstrates advanced Problem Analysis/Problem Solving methodologies
- Benchmarks and review improved ways of working – continually seeking opportunities for Projectivity improvement, quality improvement and cost reduction
- Applies technical strategies, policies, standards and practices within own area of responsibility
- Has a leading role; owns specific work areas and coaches and mentors others.
- Has a detailed understanding of Incident & Problem management and will work on the most complex issues with no need for supervision or support
- Will lead work groups to resolve issues over a more extended period (weeks/months) and will carry out resource and milestone planning
- Is responsible for ensuring the Health & Safety of all your employees and that your area operates in accordance with Company Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Budget Responsibilities
- Has an intermediate level of commercial awareness and budget management capability. May have small budget responsibility as part of wider projects.
Skills / Experience
- Awareness of business unit policies and processes.
- Experience of working in an IT Function.
- A foundation level of experience in delivering objectives in line with some if not all of the Solution Definition Design and Delivery IM&T skill sets.
- Detailed information on skill set requirements in available on the Information Management and Technology Intranet site.
- Be trained at least to ITIL foundation and either appropriate ITIL Intermediate or other appropriate capability training
- Knowledge of working within a SIAM operating model would be beneficial
- Relevant vocational qualification or equivalent experience (e.g. HNC / Prince 2 Foundations / Computer Science Degree)
- Experience of working in a similar role or environment for at least 3 years.
PLEASE NOTE: This role has been assessed as being INSIDE IR35
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.