ILS (LSA) Engineer
Key Technical Skills
- Can demonstrate a clear understanding of ILS principles and how the LSA and the Logistic Support Analysis Record (LSAR) fits into the overall ILS process.
- Previous LSA/LSAR experience gained in Def Stan 00-60 Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) environment.
- Possesses a good knowledge of Initial Provisioning (IP), Maintenance Engineering (ME) and Technical Documentation (TD) disciplines.
- Understand the requirement to integrate the ILS dataset (IP, TD, ME & LSA).
- Relevant IT experience, to include LSAR software (EAGLE), MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Excel, and the Unit Maintenance Management System (UMMS).
- Well-developed data-gathering skills utilising Technical Manuals Engineering Drawings and other associated data sources.
- Ability to evaluate technical options and make timely decisions.
- In depth knowledge of Type 45 ILS dataset construction and amendment processes.
- An understanding of the overall Type 45 support solution and company engineering requirements.
- Professional knowledge of relevant engineering standards and codes of practice.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the use of Microsoft access.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Visual Basic (VB) language for development and creation of Access Databases.
- Knowledge and understanding of the use of Standard Query Language (SQL) to utilize a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- Oracle database administration.
- An in-depth understanding of the data constructs to enable data manipulation for making efficient bulk updates to the ILS dataset Key Leadership/People Mgmt.
Key Interpersonal/Behavioural Skills
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a style appropriate to the audience to convey facts and ideas clearly, accurately, concisely, and persuasively.
- Highly developed communication skills enabling technical discussion with customers, colleagues, and suppliers.
- Professional integrity and thoroughness.
- Capable of working unsupervised and to carry out independent research when investigating technical issues.
- Flexible in response to changes.
- Ability to work as part of a team and contribute, participate, and co-operate with peers and managers
- Understanding of Type 45 technical documentation, data systems and support solution.
- Previous experience of working in a LSA/ILS environment, preferably in a defence or related industry
- Prior use or knowledge of the RN UMMS tool set.
- Prior use of the Type 45 Windchill applications is desirable.
- Understanding of the need to capture and maintain data generated for configuration control and audit trial purposes in accordance with company guidelines.
- Fully aware and applies relevant engineering governance requirements.
- Good understanding of engineering best practice.
- Knowledge of legislative requirements (including safety and environmental regulations).
- Typically, a qualified (not essential) or time-served Engineer in either a mechanical, electrical, or electronic discipline to allow the team to meet targets and milestones.
Major Tasks and Activities
- Operate within the Type 45 LSA Team to create and maintain the configuration and audit trail requirements of the Type 45 ILS Dataset.
- Carry out the analysis required to assess the impact of physical configuration changes on the ILS dataset and populate the results.
- Carry out the analysis required to assess the impact of updated OEM manuals/data-modules on the ILS dataset and populate the results.
- Interfacing with the COM teams to resolve any In-Service dataset issues.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.