We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a ILS Engineer.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to produce ILS deliverables to the required standard, as directed by the ILS Manager / Principal ILS Engineer, to achieve the stated requirement.
- Produce ILS deliverables to the required standard, as directed by the ILS Manager / Principal ILS Engineer, to achieve the stated requirement.
- Support the review and assess conformance of OEM technical information against the Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL), Bill of Materials (BOM) and design drawings
- Contribute towards the production of LSA Plans and ILS Engineering reports.
- Provide qualification and evidence for acceptance, fitness for purpose, legislative requirements, and safety.
- Manage own tasking to meet task deadlines, quality standards and budget demands
- Liaison with ILS peers and/or adjacent teams to ensure baseline remains consistent, and that configuration and data accuracy is maintained.
- Comply with statutory requirements, regulations and company procedures, including SHE and ITAR
- The role holder will be required to work across disciplines, sites, and functions. However, this is primarily a technical role and prior knowledge of the wider business is not critical at the outset.
- To undertake all ILS related tasks under supervision is required
- Adhere to IT Acceptable Use Policy.
- Adhere to Product Safety Procedures and Policies.
- To ensure that ILS support and guidance providing by Engineering Support is of the highest achievable standard and provides the customers with an effective ILS Solutions
Key skills & qualifications
- Knowledge of the principles of one or more of DefStan 00-25, 00-40/41/42/43/44, 00-600 and DLF is desirable.
- Awareness of the application of LSA and LSAR techniques is desirable.
- Awareness of current ILS, Engineering and Class Society standards and techniques and their application is desirable.
- Knowledge of Product / Equipment Support in the MoD/Navy is desirable.
- Some knowledge of the design and development of Naval ships and ship systems and equipment is desirable.
- Good communication and listening skills enabling technical discussions with both internal and external stakeholders
- Works constructively both within a team and across the wider business to ensure that team objectives are met
- Ability to communicate technical information verbally and in writing in a style appropriate to the audience to convey facts and ideas clearly, accurately, concisely and persuasively.
- Professional integrity and thoroughness.
- Capable of working unsupervised and to carry out independent research when investigating technical issues
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Working from home required, and be able to work within an ITAR controlled office if required.
Rate: £44.98 per hour (INSNIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.