Human Resources Advisor
We have an exciting new part time contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a HR Advisor.
The role will be an initial 8 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to provide support line leaders to help them deliver their people agenda to achieve the company business goals. This covers areas such as employee relations, Talent Management and nurturing, retention and ensuring diversity and inclusion is at the heart of the people agenda. Provide advice on the deployment of People policy and process to business facing People colleagues.
- Support HRBP’s and People Managers in planning and implementing the People Plan within a business or business unit.
- Provide operational advice on a range of employment and performance issues and business change based on business needs, working in collaboration with the appropriate Centre of Expertise (CoE).
- Enable people manager capability uplift, facilitating and supporting the manager in execution of people initiatives where necessary.
- Review business related people data to identify potential implications within the business context and environment and initiate local actions to resolve these as appropriate.
- Contribute to People projects, including management of LCM for small projects or provide resource and support for larger projects as required.
- Channel information to and from People Services and provide guidance to the business on how and where to access appropriate support.
- Encourage employees and line managers to use correct service channels.
- Promote transition to new HR operating model, by encouraging People Managers to adopt self-service functionality.
Key skills & qualifications
- Role requires a good understanding of the business and a good knowledge of People processes and procedures. The role could involve some complex activities, with a requirement to arrive at conclusions and work with others to follow the most appropriate course of action seeking advice from senior members of the team as required.
- A good level of experience within your area of specialism, a strong focus on customer service and would interface with the ability to interface with the wider People team and associated stakeholders across the business providing specialist support and guidance. The individual will typically have experience in an operational environment.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £25.11 per hour
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.