We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a HR Manager.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work within People Services, with senior leaders, the HR team, M&L SWP counterparts, Shared Services and COE partners to support business planning, interlocking with internal partners to inform recruitment, engagement and talent strategies.
- Undertakes the overall Programme Management of the Maritime Services Strategic Workforce plan. Prioritising interventions aligned to Strategic Risks.
- Deploys standard tools and governance to enact a consolidated MS SWP/ Resourcing plan – to respond to long-term capability needs, in support of business value creation
- Uses analytics to drive Resource plans – across horizontal, functional capabilities and critical skills
- Accountable for specific people projects (SWP Actions) to support the delivery of the MS SWP
- Links Strategy with resource planning – puts strategy into consolidated action
- Works with internal Functional Councils, Shared Service and CoE partners to support business planning; interlocks with internal partners to inform recruitment (incl. ECs), engagement and talent strategies (incl. line manager enablement)
- Leverages market intelligence to drive Strategic resource plans
- Support Engineering & PM directors and broader stakeholders to ensure Functional Council strategic resourcing requirements are supported and delivered efficiently utilising broader enterprise solutions as appropriate.
- Developed critical/ niche skill solutions working with stakeholders & peers across MS & M&L and ensure delivery plan.
- Work with Strategic Resourcing & Capability counterparts across M&L sector and beyond to ensure efficient solutions and best practice is deployed.
- Supports the HR Project Officer, People Services in developing Strategic Workforce Planning knowledge.
Key skills & qualifications
- Requires significant depth and breadth of knowledge relating to SWP
- Recognised as an expert within resourcing and its application in the business
- Business related degree or equivalent comprehensive experience
- Sound knowledge of resourcing/recruitment processes, procedures and systems
- Comprehensive knowledge of Project Management principles and Lifecycle Management
- Works independently. Deputises for the Head of HR
- Applies subject area knowledge across resourcing talent projects within their business area
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £44.50 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.