HR Generalist Associate
HR Generalist Associate
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Scotstoun as a HR Generalist Associate.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will allow the opportunity to provide a range of HR support to a business, HRBPs and line managers requiring a depth of understanding of how to operationalise, integrate and deliver HR processes, projects and change in a business.
- Supports HRBP’s and People Managers in planning and implementing the People Plan within a business or business unit
- Uses an understanding of the business and relationship management skills to influence, facilitate and implement change
- Provides operational advice on a range of employment and performance issues and business change based on business needs, working in collaboration with the appropriate CoE
- Enables people manager capability uplift, facilitating/supporting/coaching the manager in execution of people initiatives where necessary
- Investigates and resolves complex 3rd tier generalist type queries requiring business knowledge and face to face handling
- Reviews business related people data to identify potential implications within the business context and environment and initiate local actions to resolve these as appropriate
- Manages, leads or contributes to HR projects, including management of LCM for small projects or provide resource and support for larger projects as required
- Channesl information to and from HR Shared Services and give guidance to the business on how and where to access appropriate support that: Encourages employees and line managers to use correct service channel , and Promotes transition to new HR operating model, by encouraging People Managers to adopt self-service functionality
Key skills & qualifications
- Basic understanding of the markets in which BAE Systems operates in including, competitors’ customers, technologies and trends
- Understanding of the business strategy
- Requires understanding of a number of HR subject areas
- Good knowledge of HR policies and practice
- Good understanding of HR and how the function operates
- Understanding of customer and customer requirements plus an awareness of industry approaches and standards
- Applies subject matter knowledge to local problems or issues.
- An effective communicator, able to manage messages into multiple audience
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills
- Can provide technical HR advice
- Strong customer focus and the ability to build relationships
- Proficient in the use of computer systems, particularly MS Office
- Can develop innovative and creative solutions to challenging HR problems and issues
- Can make evaluative judgments of both factual and qualitative information drawn from a variety of sources
- Supporting complex functional and business projects.
- Experience of understanding business requirements translating into appropriate solutions and delivering within budget/timescales
- Experience of operating successfully in a manufacturing or project based organization
- Experience of operating within a unionized business
- Experience of operating within a customer environment
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Working From Home During Covid
Rate: £15.50 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.