Head of Procurement
Head of Procurement
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as Head of procurement.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to drive performance within assigned Procurement teams through effective leadership and management of people. Programme/business objectives will be delivered through the development and deployment of Procurement strategies & plans.
- Ensure all Procurement strategies use sound market and performance intelligence.
- Lead and enable team to apply effective cost and value engineering challenge with key stakeholders.
- Ensure all sourcing activities meet with ethical, commercial and legal practices.
- Coach domain Procurement team members to achieve sourcing and negotiation deliverables within quality, time and cost requirements.
- Mobilise, Manage Supplier & Contract
- Lead domain Procurement teams (Category and contract delivery) to ensure effective management of both contracts and suppliers to deliver contracts to quality, cost and time requirements.
- Drive a consistency in approach across all categories through maintenance of strategic category management approach employed
- Through deployment of strategies, reviews and effective performance management practices; ensure domain Procurement teams are held accountable for workscope and are empowered to fulfill respective role requirements.
- Own and proactively manage supply chain risks and opportunities, engage with Supplier Management process and lead Procurement teams to mitigate, manage and retire risks and leverage opportunities.
- Establish and develop relationships with critical and strategic suppliers.
- Work with the wider Procurement team to develop supplier added value offerings; introducing innovations and savings in line with business targets.
- Ensure full delivery and reconciliation of contractual requirements
- Management and resolution of escalated contractual issues, claims and counter claims to allow successful contract closure
- Capture, sharing and embedding of Learnings from Experience across the business
Key skills & qualifications
- MCIPS qualified (or equivalent)
- Effective and tested leadership practices
- End-to-end strategic Procurement lifecycle
- Ethical Procurement practices
- Value Engineering/Cost Reduction processes
- Contract Management & Relationship Management best practice
- Contract and supplier performance management
- Strategic Category Management – strategy development and multi million pound delivery
- In depth working knowledge of the legal environment related to contracts and framework agreements within the defence sector
- Application of Procurement and Supply Chain Governance practices
- Use of Quality systems and management processes
- Working knowledge of Regulatory frameworks on Supply Chain practice (e.g. Import/Export, ITAR, Defence Procurement Regulations)
- Combat Systems Product Domain Knowledge
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Location: The role will be southern based, so Frimley, Broad Oak or New Malden as potential contractual sites; the individual will, however, be required to travel to all these site as well as selected supplier sites in the UK.
Rate: £91.75 per hour (Inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.