We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Broad Oak / Dorchester as a Hardware Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with undertaking a defined range of hardware engineering activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in equipment design and development using COTS/MOTS hardware and industrial standard computer technology and bespoke interfaces.
- Experience with bespoke cabinet design, wiring schedules, power distribution etc.
- Experience of hardware build, integration and testing at system level.
- A good understanding of Product Safety and Design Certification
- An understanding of Qualification and Environmental compliance testing
- An excellent team player with strong communication skills and an ability to work independently at pace with minimal supervision
Key skills & qualifications
- Good knowledge of current Naval Combat System Equipment based on COTS/MOTS technology across the lifecycle phases including physical aspects Experience in Naval Combat System Equipment build, manufacture, physical integration, installation and acceptance
- Experience of working with sub-contractors
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience in engineering or a defence or related industry
- Experience within a Naval Combat Systems Development Environment across multiple lifecycle phases.
- Good understanding of Life Cycle Management & the Engineering Lifecycle
- Knowledge of CMS & Tactical Data Links
- Requirements management, designing, procuring, building and delivering acceptance events of COTS/MOTS cabinets.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
The role could be based in either Dorchester or Portsmouth
Location: Broad Oak – Dorchester
Rate: £40.61 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.