Hardware Engineer – MML
HARDWARE ENGINEER – MML
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth OR Dorchester as a Hardware Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work on the Maritime Multi-link project for a large defence client at the forefront of technology, helping to enable UK and its Allies to make better battlespace decisions.
Hardware Engineer to be a part of the Maritime Multi Link (MML) Hardware team responsible for undertaking a defined range of hardware engineering activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, associated with the MML programme. This programme will provide UK forces with the enhanced means to disseminate, and exploit coherently, tactical data and information across the battlespace.
The role could be based in either Dorchester or Portsmouth and will broadly consist of requirements management, designing, procuring, building and delivering acceptance events of COTS/MOTS cabinets.
Key skills & qualifications
Key Technical Skills:
- In-depth knowledge and experience in equipment design and development using COTS/MOTS hardware and industrial standard computer technology and bespoke interfaces.
- Experience with bespoke cabinet design, wiring schedules, power distribution etc.
- Experience of hardware build, integration and testing at system level.
- A good understanding of Product Safety and Design Certification
- An understanding of Qualification and Environmental compliance testing.
- An excellent team player with strong communication skills and an ability to work independently at pace with minimal supervision
- Good knowledge of current Naval Combat System Equipment based on COTS/MOTS technology across the lifecycle phases including physical aspects Experience in Naval Combat System Equipment build, manufacture, physical integration, installation and acceptance.
- Experience of working with sub-contractors.
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience in engineering or a defence or related industry.
- Experience within a Naval Combat Systems Development Environment across multiple lifecycle phases.
- Good understanding of Life Cycle Management & the Engineering Lifecycle.
- Knowledge of CMS & Tactical Data Links
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Location: Portsmouth OR Dorchester
Rate: £42.15 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.