Global Mobility Tax Advisor
Global Mobility Tax Advisor
As a Tax Advisor within Global Mobility Services, the individual will have responsibility for providing technical specialist advice and managing centralised compliance administration across the Global Mobility Service, ensuring compliance with Global Income Taxes and Social Security in home and host countries.
- Responsible for the day to day management of annual tax return processes, requiring regular interaction with BAE Systems external Global Tax Provider and assignees.
- Responsible for the collation of employee authorisation lists for tax return services, ensuring full use of reporting functionality of Global Mobility software.
- Responsible for compensation and benefit data collection and analysis to meet tax filing requirements / host shadow payroll inputs.
- Manage Tax administration – tax payments, tax fee note validation to ensure compliance.
- Support the Global Mobility Tax Manager in the development of best practice solutions for international mobility compliance that meets the needs of the business in line with policy.
- Support the Global Mobility Tax Manager, ensuring compliance and reporting activities are up to date including tax returns, Business Traveller processes and reporting.
- Working with the wider compliance team to flex with team demand, including the Immigration and Payroll teams.
- Manage central communication with assignees on tax return process requirements.
- Responsible for notifying assignee compensation changes to BAE Systems tax provider
- Support continuous improvement of global tax administration processes with a strong focus on how they can be made more efficient and effective.
- Facilitate payment of invoice administration (bulk) including business recharge paperwork.
- Liaising with employee to facilitate tax refunds.
- Management of employee tax queries.
- Responsible for ensuring centralised Global Mobility assignment documentation i.e. process checklists and work instructions are current and accurate.
- Ensure GDPR legislation is adhered to when transferring employee data internally and externally and ensure robust governance and control of all data received.
- Support to other Advisors as required to allow resource flex across the team.
Business Expertise (company/industry knowledge):
- Good knowledge of Global Mobility / International assignment policies and processes
- Good understanding of the business and its strategic priorities and the businesses international footprint
Functional Knowledge (qualifications/experience):
- Basic understanding of HR principles and practices
- Good understanding of GMS principles around personal tax, corporate tax relating to Global Mobility
- Quality driven, ensuring consistency and compliance
Nature of Impact (on the overall business, e.g. tactical, strategic, responsibility for business area):
- Responsible for providing technical and administration tax support to the GM team supporting the wider business in managing and delivering all employee deployment activities ensuring compliance with Corporate Tax, Personal Tax and Immigration.
Area of Impact (where is the influence of the role felt?):
- Act as an integral part of the HR team supporting the provision of mobility solutions/support and guidance to International campaigns.
- Good problem solving skills, ability to deal with ambiguity
Leadership – People Management Requirements:
- No people management responsibility – day to day workload responsibility to Tax Analyst Support
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Good influencing skills
- Strong organisational skills and able to work under pressure
- Ability to flex and adapt in line with business priorities
- Able to work autonomously and collaboratively
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.