We have an exciting new fixed-term contract opportunity based near Portsmouth as a Freight Officer.
The role will be an initial 12-month fixed-term contract and will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for overseeing/arranging shipment of goods to and from sites within the UK and internationally, and transfers of export-controlled technology/US technical data.
- Control international and domestic freight movements through Asset Management Requests (AMRs) for five business units.
- Liaise with approved freight agencies to move goods domestically and internationally.
- Ensures that freight and logistic issues, including those related to customers or suppliers are reported to RMS Trade Compliance Manager, and acts to resolve any problems.
- Decide on the preference for freight movements and meet savings objectives to achieve the best and most efficient route to effect delivery or transfer of goods, and to comply with any necessary regulations or compliance requirements (such as Dangerous Goods requirements, or Government Security Classified (GSC) goods are correctly handled through an approved courier).
- Manage any Customs Special Procedures, Reliefs granted by HMRC or applications for schemes and guarantees as required. Support programmes by actively suggesting any schemes that may be suitable. Liaise with US imports to ensure that all US exportations meet the requirements of ITAR at US Border Control.
Experience in a similar role is essential.
Experience working in the defence industry is desired.
Rate: £30,000 – 32,000
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.