To fulfil this practical and ‘hands on’ role, the candidate should be qualified to diploma or degree level in Computer Science or Software Engineering or related discipline.
The candidate should also have an existing knowledge, a general interest or a willingness to learn the following. External or on the job training can be provided where required in most areas.
- Military communications systems including an understanding of radio and cryptographic equipment
- Systems design and systems interfacing
- Serial communications including communication standards, serial and bespoke cabling techniques
- Network communications including networking equipment, WAN techniques, Ethernet categories and associated techniques
- Technical and physical impact of implementing a new system with an existing system
- Estimation and the associated activities for systems and installation proposals
- System setting to work and system transition
- Report writing to provide input for proposals, site surveying and setting to work
- Should be familiar with test methods, scheduling, requirements and the use of of integration rigs in the development of a complex systems
- Interfacing with sub-contractors
Your skills and qualifications as a Software Engineer:
- Software development lifecycle and processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing) and tools (e.g. UML design tools, code IDEs)
- Experience of software development including desktop-based applications in an appropriate language: Powershell, C#
- Windows or Linux target environments
What we’re looking for in you:
You should be able to demonstrate:
- A ‘can do’ attitude; deliver within agreed budgets and timescales
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.