We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Monmouthshire as a Financial Accountant.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for delivering a number of finance activities and processes including preparing and reviewing VAT returns, balance sheet reconciliations, resolving reconciling items and more.
- Monthly VAT reporting including preparing and reviewing VAT returns
- Monthly CIS tax reporting
- Supporting data input on various accounting systems as part of the monthly financial close process including preparation/approval of monthly journals
- Reviewing journals and balance sheet reconciliations for accuracy & ensuring the integrity of the Nominal Ledger with all accounts reconciled and approved monthly
- Supporting the ongoing reduction of reconciling item numbers and identifying methods to drive down items arising on a recurrent basis.
- Developing strong relationships with your finance contacts, through regular customer interaction ensuring a high level of customer service is maintained
- Supporting and leading the team in various compliance and continuous improvement activities. Identifying, implementing and driving value added activities throughout the organisation
- Supporting internal and external audit requests and various other compliance activities
- Deputising for the Senior Financial Accountant when required
- Providing technical accounting support to the wider team
- Undertaking ad hoc projects as allocated from time to time
Key skills & qualifications
- Part qualified accounting professional, ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent
- Have an understanding of Financial Controls and Data Protection regulations
- Strong analytical skills and a vigilant approach to problem solving
- IT skills, particularly in the use of Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills demonstrating excellent customer service
- Strong organisational skills and a clear communicator
- Good decision making and influencing skills with a flexibility with an appetite for change
- Good working knowledge of SAP would be desirable
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who is able to prioritise multiple activities
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £26.02 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.