We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Glascoed as a Finance Assistant.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work on accurate and timely entry, review and distribution of master data, sales invoices, debtor management and cash allocation.
- Debtor Chasing including portal self-serving, phone, emails and meetings with AP counterparties
- Debtor Dispute Escalation
- Cash Allocation and customer clear downs Raising/Reviewing & Distributing Sales Invoices
- including issuing copies where requested.
- Milestone, Deliverable, WIP, T&M & Service Invoicing in multiple currencies
- Portal Invoicing & reconciliations
- Compliance with UK VAT rules, an understanding of VATA statements and a working knowledge of other Global Sales Taxes
- Raising Advance Claims and Trading Sales
- Raising of Credit notes in line with Finance Policies and DOA
- Issuing Customer Statements
- Intercompany Agreements
- Data integrity management of vendor details including bank information
- Attend and input into scheduled customer meetings to support with ongoing service e.g. monthly debtor meetings.
- Query Management and Resolution
- Logging all queries in my service and applying an appropriate tier upon resolution.
- Assisting the other Accounts Receivable teams as required
- Provision of services within the defined Service Level Agreement. Escalation of any non-compliances or risks to the Supervisor.
- Participation in Customer Continuous Improvement and joint goal workshops.
- Taking an active role in daily stand-ups and monthly team meetings.
- Compliance with Financial Controls. Escalation of any non-compliances or risks to the Supervisor.
- Participation in the AR monthly Self-Testing activities.
- Provision of support & evidence, as required, for internal & external audits.
- Production & review of process documentation.
- Compliance with the Document Creation, Retention & Destruction Policy.
Key skills & qualifications
- Will have a degree and professional qualification (AAT/CAT or part qualified ACCA/CIMA/CICM) or have experience of working in a finance environment.
- Ideally have experience of ERP systems within a finance environment. Experience of SAP or Oracle would be highly advantageous.
- Undertake tasks that are routine and clerical.
- Operate within clearly defined procedures and tasks with supervision.
- Have basic knowledge of Microsoft excel including how to complete standard formulas such as sums, ifs etc.
- Have an awareness of governance requirements including the BAE Systems Operational Framework.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £13.38 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.