We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Glascoed as a Finance Advisor.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity as a debtor dispute management and hosting debtor meetings with senior stakeholders.
- Debtor chasing and arranging meetings to discuss debt escalations where necessary.
- Debtor reporting including aging profiles, payment promises and dispute analysis.
- Debtor review meeting organisation, preparation of key areas of discussion and escalation.
- Cash allocation support for colleagues where required and ownership of accurate and timely clearance of unapplied cash.
- Management of team shared mailboxes and relevant housekeeping to ensure all emails are responded to in a timely manner.
- Working closely with internal colleagues to ensure data is shared and reflected in the credit management system in a timely manner. E.g AP Rejection log reviews
- Cash Forecasting
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Portal reconciliation
- Liaise with customers (internal & external) taking personal responsibility for the correction, resolution and close-down of issues.
- Actively supporting joint goals reviews, ideas generation and driving these to completion, including demonstrating the benefits attained.
- Assisting the other Accounts Receivable teams as required
- Provision of services within the defined Service Level Agreement. Escalation of any non-compliances or risks to the Supervisor.
- Active ideas generation for improvements and participation in joint goal workshops
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders, ensuring you are known as a key point of contact for your service area.
- Taking an active role in daily stand-ups and monthly team meetings.
- Compliance with Financial Controls. Escalation of any non-compliances or risks to the Supervisor.
- Participation in the AR monthly Self-Testing activities.
- Provision of support & evidence, as required, for internal & external audits.
- Production of process documentation and understanding the importance of evidencing the control processes governing these.
- Compliance with the Document Creation, Retention & Destruction Policy.
- Compilation of work instructions.
Key skills & qualifications
- Will have a degree and professional qualification (AAT/CAT or part qualified ACCA/CIMA/CICM) or have experience of working in a finance environment in a number of roles, specifically Accounts Receivable.
- Ideally have experience of ERP systems within a finance environment. Experience of SAP or Oracle would be highly advantageous.
- Undertake tasks that are of an administrative nature on a routine basis.
- Operate within clearly defined procedures and tasks with supervision.
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft excel including how to complete basic formulas such as sums, ifs, vlookups etc.
- Have the ability to present large data sets to others in a concise, easy to understand format.
- Understand Output VAT and other Sales taxes and when these should/shouldn’t be applied.
- Understand sales trading, IFRS15, revenue recognition and how this impacts the sales ledger.
- Understand what documentation is required to process different types of sales e.g Goods despatch notes, export paperwork etc.
- Have an awareness of governance requirements including the BAE Systems Operational Framework and a clear understanding of how the processes they operate are controlled.
- Understand debtor provisions and when these should be applied/utilised/released.
- Identify improvement opportunities in our processes and implement these where appropriate.
- Taking direction from the initiative lead, fulfil the duties of a project team member when assigned to change initiatives. These may range from small improvement projects to service transitions.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Computer or DSE Work
Rate: £15.82 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.