Field Service Engineer – RF, VHF, UHF, Satcomms
Field Services Engineer: RF, UHF, VHF, Satcoms, Field Engineer, Telecoms, Engineer, RF Engineer, Field Technician
Opportunity for a Field Services Engineer with RF/ UHF/ VHF or Satcomms experience to join this growing organisation in the Defence Sector working from their offices near Fareham.
Role requires UK passport holder eligible for SC and ideally DV clearance.
This role could suit a Defence, Military, Navy, Air Force service leader or an individual or a civilian Telecoms Engineer
In this role you will assist clients with the technical support and servicing of UHF Satcom radios, installed on Royal Naval/RFA ships, submarines and shore establishments.
Full training in the systems will be provided and you will have the opportunity to become a technical authority / SME (Subject Matter Expert) in their field and provide a high level of technical support.
This role will require travel both in the UK and globally and sometimes at short notice.
- Provide off-site engineering support; fault finding and maintaining the equipment in support of the Project Manager to meet the short and long term customer work programmes.
- Deploy nationally and globally when required, inclusive of Contractors on Deployed Operations areas, in order to fulfil contractual and operational requirements.
- Contribute, as an active team member, towards ’24/7 Help Desk’ operations, when required. Providing technical support and being prepared at times to fulfil a short notice deployment in support of defect rectification and support for the customer, when required.
- Liaise and communicate with ‘system’ maintainers.
- Provide training to ships’ staff and sub-contractors.
- Test equipment, spares and systems in house.
- Take responsibility for quality of work carried out and ensure that the Health and Safety policy is adhered to.
- Review, update and improve internal processes and user technical documents and write reports.
- To carry out and lead system installations on platforms around the UK/World.
- The role will suit a Military Services leaver with RF knowledge and experience or a civilian Telecoms Engineer with 3/4 years RF experience
- Experience of working Maritime communications and Multi Media systems to include basic networking and computer skills.
- Ideally qualified to HNC / HND in a related discipline or in lieu of academics, or possess considerable equivilant experience.
- Experience of working with RF, UHF or SATCOM systems
- Have a good working knowledge of RF theory and application, including the use of equipment involved in problem solving of RF systems. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, Power Meter, TDR, Frequency Counter, Spectrum Analyser, Cable loss measurements.
- Customer facing, field based technical support experience.
- SECURITY – All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance to SC/DV level – Additional restrictions may apply on certain defence programmes.
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3 Recruitment, industry news and updates, check out our new website, follow our aap3 Defence & Aerospace Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment