aap3 Recruitment are working exclusively with an Manufacturing and Engineering client near Portsmouth who are recruiting for an Estimator on a permanent basis who has a background and proven record of accomplishment in electronic and electro-mechanical manufacture.
This position will give the successfull Estimator resonsibility for the co-ordination, reporting and preparation of accurate cost estimates.
Role responsibilities will be as follows:
- Ensuring the accurate completion of the estimating process, including liaison with internal and external stakeholders, to ensure the timely submission of quotes to customers.
- Maintaining the Enquiry Bid register and providing regular updates, progress and status of all estimates and quotations.
- Preparing and Developing cost estimates:
- Review technical data pack to assess requirements, capabilities and identify all processes required to manufacture.
- Create and maintain structured bill of material from customer data or drawings.
- Work in conjunction with the Purchasing Department to produce material estimates
- Work in conjunction with the Engineering Department to establish drawing pack suitability.
- Prepare estimate labour data using standard model and adjust based on manufacturing characteristics.
- Liaise with Operations to ensure preparation of engineering NRE hours, tooling, capital, facilities and consumable estimates are included where appropriate.
- Liaison with internal stakeholders such as engineering, operations, quality, procurement and programme management functions for preparation of estimates.
- Develop, analyse and improve base manufacturing data including estimating model, manufacturing and support synthetics, standard hours, basis of estimates, etc.
Required skills & experience:
- Proven experience in estimating within the electronics manufacturing industry
- Good attention to detail; maintaining our high standards for delivery, quality and accuracy
- Knowledge of Surface-Mount-Technology (SMT), auto and manual circuit card processes, cable and harness assembly, fabrication and electro mechanical assembly
- Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical engineering drawings.
- Good financial acumen and understanding of manufacturing cost drivers
- You will ideally have previous experience within the military, defence, aerospace or automotive electronics manufacturing industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve full UK Security Clearance, so you must have a valid British Passport and lived in the UK for a minimum 5 years.
- Salary will be dependant on your skills and experience, so please discuss this with us once you have applied to ensure it works for you before we submit your details to the client.
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand new website, follow our aap3 Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment