Engineering Project Manager
Engineering Project Manager
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Rochester as a Engineering Project Manager .
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the responsibility for developing the strategy for and executing engineering projects following lifecycle management guidelines. Ensure that projects are within budget; delivered on time by meeting all milestones and that projects are meeting all of our customer’s requirements.
- Developing, maintaining, and executing an engineering development strategy for the project using the principles of incremental and agile development
- Owning the engineering budgets, ensuring adherence to the schedule and reviewing the quality of the product designed; making sure it is fit for purpose and compliant with customer requirements
- Taking the lead on the engineering risks and mitigation strategies
- Developing and maintain the Engineering Management Plan (EMP) describing all aspects of engineering work for the programme, including programme tailoring
- Supporting the development of subcontracted items, developing and implementing a strategy to ensure they are successful
- Owning the ‘Design Fors’ with focus on design for Life, including manufacturing, testing, reliability and maintainability
- Leading and making technical decisions for the project, identifying and trading the various factors involved
- Utilising Maturity Management (supported by Earned Value) to validate the correctness of work being produced by the team
Key skills & qualifications
- Demonstrable experience managing and mitigating risks utilising specific techniques for engineering projects
- Demonstrable experience leading a team in at least one key Engineering discipline (ideally having performed a cross functional team leading role)
- Technical knowledge of electronic systems
- Demonstrable experience managing the costs for the engineering work within the allocated budget
- Experience articulating engineering strategy and motivate teams to realise it
- A sound engineering background.
- Knowledge/experience of Project monitoring and control techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Confidence, with an inbuilt drive to succeed.
- Knowledge/experience of solving problems, preferably by employing formal techniques
- Exceptional communication skills
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with your team, the customer and various stakeholder groups.
- British National is required
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £56.25 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.