We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Christchurch as an Engineering Manager.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for leading a diverse engineering team to sustain existing systems and services, to support innovation ideas and develop new products of the future.
- Working closely with Project Managers and System Designers to deliver our clients’ projects;
- Leadership to a diverse engineering team of up to 15 engineers;
- Scheduling and resource management of all aspects of the project lifecycle;
- Adherence to business processes and governance;
- Facilitate the evolution of innovation ideas;
- Progress reviews, metrics and onward reporting;
- Support to planning and estimating;
- Management of technical risks.
Key skills & qualifications
- Track record of leading the delivery or support of Enterprise, Project, System or Product level solutions and/or services;
- Excellent people and communications skills;
- Familiarity with planning tools (e.g. Microsoft Project);
- Familiarity with budgets, costings and milestones;
- Familiarity with techniques to track progress and reporting metrics;
- Requirements Engineering and Management techniques;
- System Engineering tools and processes;
- Ability to produce technical publications (e.g. Word), diagrams (e.g. Visio), slide packs(e.g. PowerPoint), spreadsheets (e.g. Excel).
- Familiarity of MOD Programmes such as those by Defence Digital or StratCom (e.g. NSoIT, CDIS, MORPHEUS, TRINITY, Interoperability Gateway IOG, NIOBE, FALCON);
- Product safety, certification and legislative standards;
- Recruitment of Personnel.
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Location: Christchurch, Dorset
Rate: £56.91 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.