Engineering Manager (Astute In-Build Programme)
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Frimley as a Engineering Manager.
The role will be an initial X-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to manage a multi-disciplinary team delivering projects for a cutting-edge submarine platform.
- In line with ICS engineering framework, lead and manage engineering staff; ensure each team member is assessed, developed, deployed and skilled to maximise their personal contribution and to meet the requirements of contracts, schedules and specifications.
- Ensure developed solutions are clearly defined, integrated, configured, controlled and delivered, including resolution of conflicts and integration issues that occur through development and delivery phases following operational framework and LCM policies and guidelines.
- Identify resource requirements through the lifecycle of the project to the sub system teams and ensure they are managed to meet the requirements of the project.
- Perform appropriate engineering planning, management and review activities to ensure Products are integrated, safe, fully compliant and delivered within agreed requirements for cost, quality, time and schedule.
- Ensure capability and skills development, performance optimisation and efficient use of engineering and functional resources within the teams to support the Astute In Build programme.
- Assure the maturity of the developed solutions is appropriate for the specific requirement and that all technical risks and opportunities are captured.
- Interface and influence internal and external (customer and other stakeholders) such that product offerings meet requirements and specifications
- Ensure all engineering activities are undertaken in line with the Operational Framework and that compliance with all engineering policies is maintained.
- Supporting continuos improvement through innovation and lessons learned.
- Accountable to Engineering Lead of Astute In Build Programme – for the delivery of ICS (CCSv3.2) allocated aspects to support the design and build programme.
- Ensure maturity targets for the related aspects of the Combat System are agreed with stakeholders both supplier and customers.
- Review and Approval of technical documentation.
- Performance Management of Project Engineering delivery teams for Integrated Systems.
- Ensuring Sub System deliverables are aligned to meet agreed Astute milestones.
- Progressive acceptance through design maturity is assured and demonstrated effectively.
- Level of risk associated with any shortfall in maturity is managed effectively and gain agreement with key stakeholders.
Key skills & qualifications
- Requires understanding of a number of engineering disciplines (Systems, Software, Electrical, Mechanical, etc). Is not the ‘expert’, but is able to discuss and understand context and implications of technical issues across a number of engineering disciplines.
- Requires good understanding of customer and customer requirements plus an awareness of industry approaches and standards.
- Can lead multiple engineering teams. Leading teams of different technical disciplines.
- Realising complex engineering developments to meet exacting specifications and requirements, involving the resolution of conflicts, development of trade-offs and delivery of solutions. Developing innovative and creative solutions to challenging engineering problems and issues.
- Management and integration of significant engineering resources. At this level involves complex management for leading and integrating activities of a number of teams.
- Influences stakeholders; requires high level of communication with internal Technical and IPT leads, resolving complex interface issues, may be involved in technical discussions and conflict resolution with the customer.
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £73.77 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.