Engineer – Support Engineering (Configuration Control)
Configuration Control Engineer
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Barrow as a Configuration Control Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work with the Product, Support Engineering and Project Management Teams to establish, maintain and monitor the configuration plans and baselines for products and programmes for maritime programmes.
- Support the development of design solutions to agreed time, cost and quality in accordance with project or business milestones by establishing and maintaining the appropriate configuration control baselines.
- Comply with the contractual requirements and undertake work in accordance with company, safety, environmental, contractual and local business processes, standards, procedures and documentation.
- Ensure the configuration control baselines and the processes to monitor and check them are complete, and will provide the appropriate levels of evidence for assurance, control and contractual purposes.
- Support the flow of configuration control requirements to suppliers, and the review and monitoring of their subsequent performance as appropriate.
- Work with the In-Service Design Change engineering team and other members of the in-service support organisation to improve own levels of subject matter expertise, including gaining a broad understanding of project management and business processes that will be impacted by the good or bad configuration control processes.
- Support the production, delivery and acceptance of the Datum Pack and EIP deliverables against business or customer requirements.
Key skills & qualifications
- Have or be able to develop good communication skills to work with internal, supplier and Customer stakeholders to provide the required levels of service and guidance regarding configuration control matters
- Knowledge of the engineering lifecycle with some experience of operating in the phase relevant to the role
- Knowledge or at least recognition of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
- Understand the need, and have awareness of Product Safety and SHE.
- Possess an understanding of the production & control of, plans, schedules, process instructions, forms, user guides & standards relating to the Datum Pack.
- Some experience of the creation, upkeep and delivery of the Datum Pack.
- Understanding of the complex data sources required in the production of the Datum Pack. This includes but is not limited to the Life Cycle Catalogue (LCC), DIP, electronic Document Management System (eDMS), Enterprise Change Request (ECR) database, Insync, Master Configuration Data Base (MCDB) etc.
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £68.49 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.