Energy is a strategic growth area for the business. The existing team has a strong track record for collaborative working, identifying, developing and driving through energy and carbon savings, and embracing innovation driven by meaningful data and emergent technology.
Our team provides a whole stack energy service, as an Engineer within our Engineering team you will take a fundamental role in developing tailored energy and carbon solutions, Product development and support Project Engineering requirements. You will also have the opportunity to get involved in the Maritime and Land NZC strategy development, as well as its implementation.
Typical project activities include:
- NZC profiling and strategy development,
- Energy Efficiency Project requirement development
- Finding and Development new products for a greater portfolio
- maritime and land energy management systems and software
You’re role would be to Assist with engineering activates across the team, integrate designs and undertake design assessments. You may also be required to support carbon profiling and NZC strategy development activities. This dynamic role requires knowledge of energy technologies and systems, cross-discipline engineer understanding and exemplary verbal and written communication skills. We will consider engineering professionals of all disciplines with the right experience and aptitude but mechanical/ electrical focus is preferred.
Understand and Applies a depth of expertise relating to an engineering domain (a sub set of a discipline) to assist with engineering problems, challenges issues and problems associated with the area. Assist with Designs and develops solutions, resolves engineering issues and problems for a range of situations relating to their discipline area. Provides technical assistance to others relating to their specialized disciple area.
- Assist with the development of effective energy and low carbon solutions (generate, recycle, storage, monitor & control) in the form of feasibility studies and business cases through to detailed design and installation. For example, PV, CHP, low carbon heat networks, heating systems, battery storage, hydrogen, carbon capture and energy management systems.
- Help with cross-discipline oversight of design development, for both products and projects.
- Assist with design management and integration of sub-contractor products, systems and solutions
- Generate new ideas and collaborate with our R&D team to develop new energy & carbon reduction products
- Assist with under taking technical reviews, verifications and validate engineering designs.
- Help Develop new products to increase the portfolio of works the E&SS can provide to others.
- Provide technical Support for senior engineers.
- Providing support and assurance to the Design Authority as to the adequacy and robustness of the Safety Case and supporting documentation.
- Assist with Undertake functional design and/or provide qualification and evidence for acceptance, fitness for purpose, legislative requirements, and safety.
- Assist the Liaising process with both internal and external stakeholders as required ensuring that their requirements are adequately supported and that their needs are fully considered and incorporated where appropriate and agreed.
- Providing support with the identification and management of continuous improvement initiatives in both business processes and project activities
- Supporting the delivery of engineering governance activities including Design Reviews and audits
- Supporting resolution of cross-discipline technical issues
- Work with a degree of technical autonomy, demonstrating a commitment to professional design engineering principles and values
- Undertaking tasks for the Engineering Manager/ Senior Engineers
- Requires knowledge gained through professional qualification and including substantial work experience. HNC/ HND level qualification and working towards EngTech/IEng level.
- Have knowledge in Energy systems and products. Requires understanding of either Mechanical/Electrical engineering discipline for projects and programs.
- Good understanding of Engineering integration: across projects, products and strategy.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.