Energetic Materials Scientist
Extensive execution of project work in support of internal & external customers, either independently or as part of a team. Ensuring the progression and timely completion of nominated projects by;
* Deriving a robust plan for all nominated projects with a suitable accompanying Safe System of Work (including disposal)
* Conducting the practical work required of the project, including the suitable handling of energetic materials and operation of processing equipment and instrumentation.
* Ensuring that material inventories are controlled by liaising with PM and resource controllers.
* Conducting tests & trials and analysing the results to understand the behaviour of the materials / systems under test.
* Maintaining a design record that can be used to support review sessions.
* Maintaining and compiling specifications and Safety Data sheets for formulations
* Compiling reports and presentations to a high standard for distribution to internal and external customers.
* Presenting results to stakeholders as required.
Support to the timely compilation of bid documents by;
* Supporting business development and bid managers in compiling information in bid preparation phase i.e. material costs and labour requirements.
* Supporting RBA and TBR processes as required by line management and PM.
An awareness and reporting of technologies that would benefit the business by;
* Logging ideas and innovations on Innovation Portal
* Undertaking passive technology watch activities
* Identifying continuous improvement activities to line management
Supporting the efficient running of the Energetics facility by:
* Facilitating scheduled maintenance interventions
* Facilitating reactive maintenance interventions
* Maintaining high standards of housekeeping
* Ensuring compliance with applicable legislation and site SHE guidance
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.