Electronic Warfare Systems Engineer
An excellent opportunity has become available for a Systems Engineer to join the Electronic Warfare and Test Solutions – Electronic Warfare Solutions team.
The Air Service Electronic Warfare & Test Solutions team design, develop and integrate a suite of electronic warfare products for the Eurofighter partner nations, KSA and Qatar. These products allow the nations’ air forces to develop, test and validate their Typhoon mission data before being loaded to the aircraft.
The successful candidate will support the development and qualification of electronic warfare mission data generation and analysis products for delivery to KSA, Qatar and the UK.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- Proactively engaging with subject matter experts to review software specifications and design concepts
- Develop test plans for subsystem and system level qualification and product acceptance testing
- Support the development of training material by providing technical feedback to the specialist Training team
- Collaborating with Suppliers to ensure the successful integration of their products
- Perform product testing and identify resolution plans for identified technical issues
- Lead problem investigation with suppliers with issues identified during testing
- Support engineering activities leading to the qualification and certification
- Provide input and support to project Engineering Lifecycle Management design review process
- Cross functional engagement (e.g. Project Management, Procurement, Commercial, Export) to ensure products are developed and delivered within time and budget limits.
Your skills and qualifications:
- A degree educated in a STEM subject, HND/HNC with sound experience of the Engineering Lifecycle, or equivalent relevant experience
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Familiar with Electronic Warfare and its products desirable
The ideal candidate will be an effective team member and will be able to forge partnerships with internal and external customers. The candidate will have good communications skills both personal and written.
What we’re looking for in you:
Working in the Air Service EW&TS team is a challenging and rewarding experience that involves working across all stages of the engineering lifecycle. The ideal candidate will be self motivated, logical and organised. They will also be capable of working in a team environment sharing and learning alongside other engineers.
PLEASE NOTE: This role has been assessed as being INSIDE IR35.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.