Electronic Warfare Senior Systems Engineer x 2
An exciting opportunity exists to join an expanding team to deliver an electronic warfare capability for the Royal Air Force. This new role within a highly dynamic team, is to help shape the development of a Weapon System Support Rig. You will work closely within the team to ensure the successful delivery of the capability on time and budget using lean principles and agile methods. A key aspect of the toolset is the combined development of the rig numerous suppliers from both within the UK as well as internationally. One of the major responsibilities within this role is to help the development of the rig such that it supports the processes and procedures that the customer utilises to analysis and subsequently update their mission data for the Typhoon Aircraft.
A successful candidate should have experience with systems engineering principles, specifically those around system integration as well as experience working on medium to large IT or Avionics based projects would also be very beneficial. Additionally, a background on Typhoon Defensive Aids would be desirable but not essential as new ideas and approaches will be welcomed.
The role will require an individual to work as part of a very close nit team but also closely with numerous suppliers; therefore there will be a requirement for a level of travel by the successful applicant.
- Ensure the refinement of the key requirements are developed to a level that allow for successful integration testing and acceptance
- Attend design reviews throughout the development stages
- Support the supplier deliveries ensuring all required supporting documentation is delivered in line with contractual requirements
- Determine a level of integration/qualification testing to determine successful product deliveries from each supplier
- Develop test documentation to verify specification requirements
- Perform the above testing on the fully integrated rig as part of Qualification
- Document the outcome of the testing and work with suppliers to address any shortfalls or limitations in the product
The UK Weapon System Support Rig (WSSR) Contract is the delivery of an Electronic Warfare and Typhoon Avionics test capability into the Royal Air force. Our client is responsible for the upgrade and maintenance of the rig in line with emerging Typhoon Aircraft standards. The WSSR is a significant requirement within the contract, which allows the customer to perform his Validation of Mission Data post development, but prior to flight. This role exists to ensure the successful completion of this activity such that the rig is designed, developed and integrated in the UK to provide the customer with the ability to support their in-service aircraft.
The successful candidate must have excellent Microsoft Office Excel and Word skills and be good with PowerPoint, Project, Outlook Typhoon Avionic and Typhoon MaTE
Communication, Team Working and Motivation are Essential
Personal Qualification NVQ level 3 and a Degree level 2
PLEASE NOTE: This position has been assessed as INSIDE IR35
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.