You will undertake a defined range of engineering activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supplying advice and support to the power and propulsion Design Technical Authorities, Engineering team and other functions, and/or to organise and co-ordinate aspects of engineering activity ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements. He/she will be responsible for providing electrical systems engineering capability across a broad set of challenges.
- Support to the power and propulsion Systems Design Technical Authorities and electrical team performing additional tasking as directed.
- Provide evidence that the wholeship design intent is maintained for P&P Systems and transversals.
- Compile the authoritative evidence to demonstrate that design intent has been achieved and ensure that the design change has been holistically integrated.
- Support the P&P Systems DTA to ensure that the Safety Case has integrity, is comprehensive, coherent and consistent.
- Collate evidence to support the management of P&P system margins and ensure transverse engineering impact is recorded and agreed with the WAA.
- Ensure that appropriate Engineering governance is maintained.
- Provide oversight of the production of design change guidance.
- Ensure the embodiment of design change is in accordance with the approved guidance and management of design query resolution.
- Collate evidence for Naval Authority Certification submissions.
- Identify and propose opportunities for improvement of Platform design.
- Respond to technical enquiries.
- Support the verification of engineering requirements.
- Monitor the material state for divergence from the design intent.
- Complete Installation Inspections as required.
- Assist with Technical Investigations as required to identify RCA.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £50.00 per hour
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.