We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Design Engineer.
The role will be an initial 6-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work as a design engineer within the maritime sector of a major defence company, generating new ideas and collaborate with R&D team to develop new energy & carbon reduction products.
- Support the development and evolution of concept/prototype products to design for manufacture.
- Assist with under taking technical reviews, verifications and validate engineering designs.
- Develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out detail design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained, taking due cognisance of Design for Production.
- Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions as a member of a design team.
- Support the development of best practice to increase the capability, performance of tools and processes
- Provide technical support for Senior Design Engineers.
- Providing support and assurance to the Design Authority as to the adequacy and robustness of the Safety Case and supporting documentation.
- Assist with undertaking functional design and/or provide qualification and evidence for acceptance, fitness for purpose, legislative requirements, and safety.
- Assist the Liaising process with both internal and external stakeholders as required ensuring that their requirements are adequately supported and that their needs are fully considered and incorporated where appropriate and agreed.
- To identify training requirements, skills gaps and development requirements of own discipline.
- Keep up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services (seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge to continuously improve practices), and supply technical support and expertise to others as required.
- Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working and their development.
- Compile accurate estimates.
- Job requires ability to make engineering judgments under guidance to meet exacting specifications and requirements.
- Be able to provide information that will be analysed and used by others to deliver the solution.
- Carry out calculations to determine engineering outputs relevant to own discipline.
- Support in-depth feasibilities studies.
- Have the capability of engineering support fault finding to diagnose and rectify defects as required during trials or when the customer demands.
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £36.88 per hour (inside IR35)
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand new website, follow our aap3 Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment