Deputy Chief Engineer – Maritime
Opportunity for a Deputy Chief Engineer – Maritime to join this global leader in the defence sector working from their offices near Portsmouth Hampshire.
In the role you will support the Chief Engineer in the design and integration of military maritime systems for the UK and overseas.
Responsibilities will include senior level System Engineering activities including identification activities, operational and design studies, bid support and programme performance across the complete system engineering life-cycle.
SC level clearance will be required for the role.
Key experience sought:
- Proven experience in the successful design, implementation, integration, test, installation and acceptance of Maritime systems
- Customer focused and able to combine contractual needs into effective system solution architectures within technical, schedule and cost constraints
- Experience of supporting Business Development and Capture Teams with activities including operational analysis, preliminary solution definition, solution design and preparation and delivery of proposal material including schedule and cost estimates
- Able to develop Technology Roadmaps and conduct assessment of existing Systems, modified or new Systems, and embodiment of COTS/MOTS Systems
- Able to conduct internal and customer-funded Research and Development studies
- Able to support Systems Engineering tasking – requirements analysis, decomposition, allocation, systems integration and testing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to convey complex data in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience of Model Based Engineering and Digital Development Environment
- Working knowledge of current Defence Standards
Also of interest:
- Self-starter with the ability to work with all levels of Engineering, Programme Management and business leadership
- Ability to interpret current practices and processes, recommend improvements where necessary and drive change
- Ability to plan and control of own work and that of any assigned Engineers
- Able to demonstrate strong technical leadership within a busy environment whilst providing guidance and mentoring to other Engineers
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand new website, follow our aap3 Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment