Data Network Engineer x 2
- Responsible for the design and delivery of data networks to submarine platforms.
- Determining requirements and design standards.
- Writing of technical reports and technical specifications.
- Producing outline functional system diagrams.
- Prepare design calculations to demonstrate designs meet performance requirement i.e. network loading
- Undertake technical development studies to verify compliance with design requirements.
- Undertake design reviews and presentations to customers.
- Working across project groups to ensure designs meet the required operability, safety, security and supportability requirements.
- Work with BAE supply chain and equipment suppliers.
- Attendance at equipment Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs)
- Support to dockside installation and commissioning teams when required.
- Analysis of FAT and commissioning results when required.
Skills & Qualifications
- BEng, BSc or equivalent.
- Data networking qualification such as CCNA or equivalent.
- CEng or CITP (or be able to work towards satisfying requirements for Chartership)
- Experience in an enterprise, public sector, or defence IT environment
- Technical report writing skills.
- Knowledge and experience in defence standards whilst not essential would be an advantage.
- In depth understanding of at least one of the following disciplines: Design and deployment of complex network solutions, Voice architectures, Wireless solutions and RF propagation within closed spaces, Fibre Optical cabling network design
PLEASE NOTE: This position has been assessed as being INSIDE IR35
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.