Data Engineer (Reporting)
Data Engineer (Reporting)
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Preston as a Data Engineer (Reporting).
The role will be an initial 15 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to join a newly established data and analytics hub and to play an integral role in both operational and strategic and impact across all levels of the business.
- Support the full lifecycle of our reporting data products, from capturing the business requirement to designing the reporting products, building and testing and then deploying them to the business and supporting users.
- Working with our newly upgraded SQL data warehouse, with the opportunity to leverage existing skills or develop new skills across a range of data tools.
- Develop a good understanding of our technical and project processes, sufficient to plan the delivery of work packages in accordance with these processes with guidance from a senior team member.
- Build relationships with business partner peers to support effective delivery.
- Sharing your knowledge, supporting others learning objectives and developing junior staff through their engagement on your project work.
Your skills and qualifications:
- An intermediate to advanced skill level within our key toolsets with experience of successfully leveraging these in a working environment for a minimum of 2-3 years. For a Reporting Data Analyst our key tool is SRSS and a sound understanding of Databases is required, excellent excel skills are also desirable.
- Ambition to develop advance skills though training and application of your learning and a wider range of tools eg. PowerBI, Tableau or Alteryx, and analytical approaches.
- Emerging consultative skills to identify and capture the business requirement and develop reporting products to answer them.
- Ability to structure data insights to present key findings to stakeholders, supporting stakeholder conversations around exploitation opportunities.
What we’re looking for in you:
You will have great organisational skills with the ability to manage the delivery of a work package, managing your own workload across multiple tasks as well as coordinating other’s contributions as needed. The ability to work effectively both autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team.
You will be proactive in solving problems, have the ability to influence others and be confident communicating with a variety of stakeholders.
Location: Preston, Farnborough or Glascoed, with remote working possible for a proportion of your time.
Salary: £20.49 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.