Data Centre Engineer
6 month contract opportunity (extendable) for a Data Centre Engineer with experience working 24/7 shift pattern. Role will work on site in Essex.
4 days on, 4 days off, 4 nights on 4 days off. 12 hour shift.
Key skills and experience sought:
- Previous experience working 24/7 shift pattern
- 3-5 years proven experience within Data Centre environments
- Experienced in Data Centre Protocol and structured cabling environments
- Experience in operating systems (Windows, Linux ..) and networking equipment (switches, firewalls..)
- Experience with Hardware : HP, Dell, SUN , Cisco , Juniper, etc
- Excellent communication & team working skills as well as being able to work well on your own
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience of hardware manufacturer installation standards and knowledge of copper and fibre cabling installations and standards, with preference given to industry recognised certifications.
- Basic understanding of Data Centre, power, cooling and electrical systems.
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment with knowledge of Change Control, Incident Management & Problem Management processes.
- Good experience using Microsoft Office, Visio and CRM databases, with particular preference given to Service Now
- Familiar with Data Centre Infrastructure Management software, particularly PatchManager
- Ability to prioritise effectively
- Ability to manage 3rd party contract staff/companies working within the DC
Data Centre Engineer: Datacentre, Data Centre, Data Center, Datacenter, Engineer, technician, installation, 24/7
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.