Data Analyst- Reporting
Data Analyst- Reporting
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Preston as a Data Analyst- Reporting.
The role will be an initial 3 month contract and will provide you with working on a range of business data from BAE Systems which could include HR, Procurement or Financial data.
- Support the full lifecycle of our reporting data products, from capturing the business requirement to designing the reporting products, building and testing and then deploying them to the business and supporting users.
- Working with our newly upgraded SQL data warehouse, with the opportunity to leverage existing skills or develop new skills across a range of data tools.
- Develop a good understanding of our technical and project processes, sufficient to plan the delivery of work packages in accordance with these processes with guidance from a senior team member.
- Build relationships with business partner peers to support effective delivery. Sharing your knowledge, supporting others learning objectives and developing junior staff through their engagement on your project work.
- Completion of data quality monitoring activities and working with teams to develop improvement strategies and providing support in implementing improvements
- Developing and utilising dashboards, reports, infographics, presentations and/or conducting and group interactions to share information.
- Processing and utilizing data to analyse, monitor and report performance at all levels of the organization from multiple databases and information sources.
- Helping implement best Data Quality (DQ) practices, and apply data standards
Key skills & qualifications
- An intermediate to advanced skill level within our key toolsets with experience of successfully leveraging these in a working environment for a minimum of 2-3 years. For a Reporting Data Analyst our key tool is SRSS and a sound understanding of Databases is required, excellent excel skills are also desirable.
- Ambition to develop advanced skills though training and application of your learning in these and a wider range of tools e.g. PowerBI, Tableau or Alteryx, and analytical approaches.
- Emerging consultative skills to identify and capture the business requirement and develop reporting products to answer them.
- Ability to structure data insights to present key findings to stakeholders, supporting stakeholder conversations around exploitation opportunities
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £20.49 per hour
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.