Customer Liaison Engineer – Typhoon Electronic Warfare
The customer liason engineer will be based in Preston, reporting to the Customer Liaison Lead within the Air service team and will be responsible for supporting the customer engagament activities during delivery of EW Operational Support for the project.
This project will see the delivery of an EW Operational Support capability allowing customer production of EW mission data for their fleet. This capability is brought together at a newly built Typhoon Electronic Warfare Centre.
A new customer liason engineering role has been created, ensuring integration and support of all customer related activites. The role has the responsibility to ensure the customer engagement activities are supported and whilst ensuring the programme schedule is achieved.
As the Customer Liason Engineer your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting execution and delivery of all customer related engagements, supporting the Customer Liaison Lead and eliminating single point of failure.
- Delegation path for Customer Liaison whilst supporting front end team / overseas in-country.
- Coordination of customer deliverables across multiple workstreams including internal and external suppliers.
- Monitoring and recording of all Customer actions
- Ensuring system engineering processes have been followed and adhered to.
- Provide support to the development of industrialisation partner systems engineering and EW support capability integration capabilities;
- Ensuring all workstream deliverables are delivered to the schedule.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Experience in leading systems engineering practices and procedures.
- Experience understanding requirements and integration across multiple stakeholders to ensure the product(s) meet those requirements.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work autonomously.
- Delivery focussed.
- Good standard of written communication.
- Familiarity or experience with EW Operational Support methods would be an advantage.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organisation and with the Customer.
- Understanding of Typhoon support programmes is preferable.
- Experience in export projects is preferable.
- Experience working in joint teams.
The applicant will ideally be educated to degree level within an engineering subject or with an appropriate engineering background.
Experience of Typhoon support programmes and working with export customers and partners is preferred.
PLEASE NOTE: This role has been confirmed as being INSIDE IR35
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.