Control Systems Engineer
Control Systems Engineer
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Glascoed as a Control Systems Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with responsible for the design, development and implementation of control systems across the site. Applying your electrical engineering experience into reviewing risk assessments, analysis, producing specific drawings and writing reports in the continuous improvements.
- This role will provide you with a varied role working on several processes at any one time. You will be given the opportunity to develop your skills and play a key role in the organisation. No one day is the same within this role and you will have large exposure to our niche site and all its processes.
- Your main responsibilities as a Control Systems Engineer will involve:
- Reviewing risk assessment documentation such as PFMEA, HAZOP, HAZAN to identify possible Electrical, Electronic or Programmable Electronic (EEPE) safety systems
- Transferring the possible EEPE systems into a Layer Of Protection Analysis (LOPA) and conducting the LOPA
- Producing control hierarchy drawings of each of the identified safety systems
- Researching failure data for each identified component in the control hierarchy drawing and doing the SIL (Safety Integrity Level) calculation for the circuit
- Writing the SIL report based on the findings of the LOPA and include recommendations if necessary
- Writing a legacy Safety Requirement Specification (SRS) for each system identified in the LOPA that required a control hierarchy drawing and SIL calculation
- Writing a SRS for each Safety or SIL gap identified
Key skills & qualifications
- Minimum HNC/HND or relevant experience in an Electrical Engineering Discipline
- Proven working experience in a manufacturing organisation using high hazard materials
- Experience generating risk assessments and the generation of safety paperwork
- Experienced in reading electrical schematic drawings
- Working knowledge of relevant business working standards (e.g. BS EN 61508, BS EN 61511, BS EN 62061, BS EN 13849 etc)
- Experience working in High Hazard Environments
- Familiar with CoMAH, DSEAR (Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations), PUWER (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations), MSER (Maximally stable extremal regions) and other regulations and standards
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £38.55 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.