Configuration Manager Boats
Configuration Manager Boats
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Configuration Manager Boats.
The role will be an initial 3 month contract and will provide you with the responsibility for managing the configuration of products and boats that fall under Boats Sector projects.
- Lead Boats Sector overall approach to Configuration Management
- Lead the culture change programmed required to operate effective configuration management for the benefit of the business (including operational delivery, commercial performance and winning new tenders), and its customers
- Lead implementation of best practice, including creation and maintenance of appropriate IT systems and toolsets for use within Boats team
- From nothing, create and maintain Configuration Management Plan for Boats Sector and satisfy annual LCM review requirements.
- Mentor PM’s, SDA’s & PEMs to ensure Configuration Control is proactively managed, including defining and delivering training
- Task management across every boat in portfolio (over 600)
- Ensure the Boats sector operates configuration management in compliance with BAES product safety process, customer contracts and commercial considerations.
- Lead BAE’s attendance at customer and internal project meetings, including Configuration Control Boards
- Managing priorities
- Ensure that any changes to the requirements baseline are controlled in a defined and auditable manor. Produce information to be used in audits and assist auditors
- Production of status reports, monitoring documentation and ensuring items progress through their lifecycle in line with project timescales.
- Maintain the Build State of each deliverable and ensure that the SAP BSR records are changed appropriately & maintain a record of Engineering Changes and their status
- Reviewing and approving Engineering Changes for completion and accuracy
- Reviewing and distributing Problem Reports and tracking progress through regular reviews
- Produce, maintain, and distribute the Master record Index
- Maintaining the Build State of each delivered product – including review of customer supplied data
- Creation and processing of changes
- Maintain and review configuration governance of the project
Key skills & qualifications
- Ability to lead the setting up and operation of the technical and administrative procedures and disciplines necessary for the configuration management of all projects across the Boats business.
- Recognized as an expert in Configuration Management
- Degree qualified, and at least HNC qualification (or equivalent) in relevant discipline or at least 5 years working in a CM or Change Control environment
- At or working towards Ing status (or equivalent)
- Very high degree of IT literacy, specifically CM systems and software
- Highly Experienced knowledge of CM principles, processes, and standards, nationally and internationally.
- Able to interpret contractual requirements into actionable
- Microsoft SharePoint knowledge is desirable
- Experienced in understanding and delivering customer requirements in a CFA environment would be beneficial
- Excellent knowledge of Configuration processes and Good Practice when implementing changes in SAP.
- Good knowledge of Engineering & Project Management processes
- Good knowledge of BAE Systems Configuration Management
- High level understanding of Company and Group processes with respect to CM and the delivery of Projects.
- Good knowledge of customer expectations and contractual configuration requirements
- Knowledge of legal, safety, reliability, risk, cost and timescale implications of Configuration Management and ensuring that all appropriate actions are taken in respect of new and legacy Configuration Requirements.
- Able to represent BAE Systems at external bodies, conferences, and events.
- Excellent Communication Skills – Verbal, Written, Electronic and able to communicate effectively from administrator level through to Director level
- Must comply with the BAE Systems Code of Conduct
- Experienced with SAP and SAP Product Data Management requirements
- Experienced interfacing with engineers, management teams and external stakeholders.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Working from Home During Covid
Rate: £24.07 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.